- ㄴ해가 돌아와서 王(왕)들의 出戰(출전)할 때가 되매 요압이 그 軍隊(군대)를 거느리고 나가서 암몬 子孫(자손)의 땅을 毁破(훼파)하고 가서 랍바를 에워싸고 다윗은 예루살렘에 그대로 있더니 ㄷ요압이 랍바를 쳐서 陷落(함락)시키매
- ㄹ다윗이 그 王(왕)의 머리에서 寶石(보석)있는 冕旒冠(면류관)을 取(취)하여 달아보니 重量(중량)이 金(금) 한 달란트라 그 冕旒冠(면류관)을 自己(자기) 머리에 쓰니라 다윗이 또 그 城(성)에서 擄略(노략)한 物件(물건)을 無數(무수)히 내어오고
- 그 가운데 百姓(백성)을 끌어 내어 ㅁ톱질과 써레질과 도끼질을 하게 하니라 다윗이 암몬 子孫(자손)의 모든 城邑(성읍)을 이같이 하고 모든 百姓(백성)과 함께 예루살렘으로 돌아오니라
- ㅂ이 後(후)에 블레셋 사람과 게셀에서 戰爭(전쟁)할 때에 후사 사람 십브개가 長大(장대)한 者(자)의 아들 中(중)에 십배를 쳐 죽이매 저희가 降服(항복)하였더라
- 다시 블레셋 사람과 戰爭(전쟁)할 때에 ㅅ야일의 아들 엘하난이 가드 사람 골리앗의 아우 라흐미를 죽였는데 이 사람의 槍(창)자루는 베틀채 같았더라
- And it came to pass, that after the year was expired, at the time that kings go out to battle, Joab led forth the power of the army, and wasted the country of the children of Ammon, and came and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried at Jerusalem. And Joab smote Rabbah, and destroyed it.
- And David took the crown of their king from off his head, and found it to weigh a talent of gold, and there were precious stones in it; and it was set upon David's head: and he brought also exceeding much spoil out of the city.
- And he brought out the people that were in it, and cut them with saws, and with harrows of iron, and with axes. Even so dealt David with all the cities of the children of Ammon. And David And all the people returned to Jerusalem.
- And it came to pass after this, that there arose war at Gezer with the Philistines; at which time Sibbechai the Hushathite slew Sippai, that was of the children of the giant: and they were subdued.
- And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver's beam.
- In the spring, at the time when kings go off to war, Joab led out the armed forces. He laid waste the land of the Ammonites and went to Rabbah and besieged it, but David remained in Jerusalem. Joab attacked Rabbah and left it in ruins.
- David took the crown from the head of their king--its weight was found to be a talent of gold, and it was set with precious stones--and it was placed on David's head. He took a great quantity of plunder from the city
- and brought out the people who were there, consigning them to labor with saws and with iron picks and axes. David did this to all the Ammonite towns. Then David and his entire army returned to Jerusalem.
- In the course of time, war broke out with the Philistines, at Gezer. At that time Sibbecai the Hushathite killed Sippai, one of the descendants of the Rephaites, and the Philistines were subjugated.
- In another battle with the Philistines, Elhanan son of Jair killed Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, who had a spear with a shaft like a weaver's rod.