- ㄴ여호와의 손이 아스돗 사람에게 嚴重(엄중)히 더하사 ㄷ毒種(독종)의 災殃(재앙)으로 아스돗과 그 地境(지경)을 쳐서 亡(망)하게 하니
- 아스돗 사람들이 이를 보고 가로되 이스라엘 神(신)의 櫃(궤)를 우리와 함께 있게 못할지라 그 손이 우리와 우리 神(신) 다곤을 친다 하고
- 이에 보내어 ㄹ블레셋 사람의 모든 方伯(방백)을 모으고 가로되 우리가 이스라엘 神(신)의 櫃(궤)를 어찌할꼬 그들이 對答(대답)하되 이스라엘 神(신)의 櫃(궤)를 가드로 옮겨 가라 하므로 이스라엘 神(신)의 櫃(궤)를 옮겨 갔더니
- 그것을 옮겨간 後(후)에 ㅁ여호와의 손이 甚(심)히 큰 患難(환난)을 그 城(성)에 더하사 城邑(성읍) 사람의 작은 者(자)와 큰 者(자)를 다 쳐서 毒種(독종)이 나게 하신지라
- 이에 그들이 하나님의 櫃(궤)를 에그론으로 보내니라 하나님의 櫃(궤)가 에그론에 이른즉 에그론 사람이 부르짖어 가로되 그들이 이스라엘 神(신)의 櫃(궤)를 우리에게로 가져다가 우리와 우리 百姓(백성)을 죽이려 한다 하고
ㄴ출9:3 시32:4 행13:11 ㄷ삼상6:5 신28:27
ㅁ삼상7:13 삼상12:15 신2:15
- But the hand of the Lord was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them with emerods, even Ashdod and the coasts thereof.
- And when the men of Ashdod saw that it was so, they said, The ark of the God of Israel shall not abide with us: for his hand is sore upon us, and upon Dagon our god.
- They sent therefore and gathered all the lords of the Philistines unto them, and said, What shall we do with the ark of the God of Israel? And they answered, Let the ark of the God of Israel be carried about unto Gath. And they carried the ark of the God of Israel about thither.
- And it was so, that, after they had carried it about, the hand of the Lord was against the city with a very great destruction: and he smote the men of the city, both small and great, and they had emerods in their secret parts.
- Therefore they sent the ark of God to Ekron. And it came to pass, as the ark of God came to Ekron, that the Ekronites cried out, saying, They have brought about the ark of the God of Israel to us, to slay us and our people.
- The LORD'S hand was heavy upon the people of Ashdod and its vicinity; he brought devastation upon them and afflicted them with tumors.
- When the men of Ashdod saw what was happening, they said, "The ark of the god of Israel must not stay here with us, because his hand is heavy upon us and upon Dagon our god."
- So they called together all the rulers of the Philistines and asked them, "What shall we do with the ark of the god of Israel?" They answered, "Have the ark of the god of Israel moved to Gath." So they moved the ark of the God of Israel.
- But after they had moved it, the LORD'S hand was against that city, throwing it into a great panic. He afflicted the people of the city, both young and old, with an outbreak of tumors.
- So they sent the ark of God to Ekron. As the ark of God was entering Ekron, the people of Ekron cried out, "They have brought the ark of the god of Israel around to us to kill us and our people."