- ㅐ무리가 함께 꾀하고 王(왕)의 命(명)을 좇아 여호와의 殿(전) 뜰 안에서 ㄱ돌로 쳐 죽였더라
- 요아스 王(왕)이 이와 같이 스가랴의 아비 여호야다의 베푼 恩惠(은혜)를 생각지 아니하고 그 아들을 죽이니 저가 죽을 때에 이르되 여호와는 監察(감찰)하시고 ㄴ伸寃(신원)하여 주옵소서 하니라
- 一週年(일주년) 後(후)에 ㄷ아람 軍隊(군대)가 요아스를 치려 하여 올라와서 유다와 예루살렘에 이르러 百姓(백성) 中(중)에서 그 모든 方伯(방백)을 滅絶(멸절)하고 擄略(노략)한 物件(물건)을 다메섹 王(왕)에게로 보내니라
- 아람 軍隊(군대)가 적은 무리로 왔으나 ㄹ여호와께서 甚(심)히 큰 軍隊(군대)를 그 손에 붙이셨으니 이는 유다 사람이 그 列祖(열조)의 하나님 여호와를 버렸음이라 이와 같이 아람 사람이 ㅁ요아스를 懲罰(징벌)하였더라
- 요아스가 크게 ㅂ傷(상)하매 敵軍(적군)이 버리고 간 後(후)에 그 信服(신복)들이 ㅅ祭司長(제사장) 여호야다의 아들들의 피로 因(인)하여 ㅇ謀叛(모반)하여 그 寢床(침상)에서 쳐 죽인지라 다윗城(성)에 葬事(장사)하였으나 ㅈ列王(열왕)의 墓室(묘실)에는 葬事(장사)하지 아니하였더라
ㅐ느9:26 ㄱ마23:35 눅11:51
ㄹ사30:17 레26:8 레26:36,37 ㅁ대하22:8
ㅂ신28:35 ㅅ대하24:21,22 ㅇ대하24:25~27 왕하21:20,21 ㅈ대하21:20 대하28:27
- And they conspired against him, and stoned him with stones at the commandment of the king in the court of the house of the Lord.
- Thus Joash the king remembered not the kindness which Jehoiada his father had done to him, but slew his son. And when he died, he said, The Lord look upon it, and require it.
- And it came to pass at the end of the year, that the host of Syria came up against him: and they came to Judah and Jerusalem, and destroyed all the princes of the people from among the people, and sent all the spoil of them unto the king of Damascus.
- For the army of the Syrians came with a small company of men, and the Lord delivered a very great host into their hand, because they had forsaken the Lord God of their fathers. So they executed judgment against Joash.
- And when they were departed from him, (for they left him in his own servants conspired against him for the blood of the sons of Jehoiada the priest, and slew him on his bed, and he died: and they buried him in the city of David, but they buried him not in the sepulchres of the kings. great diseases,)
- But they plotted against him, and by order of the king they stoned him to death in the courtyard of the LORD'S temple.
- King Joash did not remember the kindness Zechariah's father Jehoiada had shown him but killed his son, who said as he lay dying, "May the LORD see this and call you to account."
- At the turn of the year, the army of Aram marched against Joash; it invaded Judah and Jerusalem and killed all the leaders of the people. They sent all the plunder to their king in Damascus.
- Although the Aramean army had come with only a few men, the LORD delivered into their hands a much larger army. Because Judah had forsaken the LORD, the God of their fathers, judgment was executed on Joash.
- When the Arameans withdrew, they left Joash severely wounded. His officials conspired against him for murdering the son of Jehoiada the priest, and they killed him in his bed. So he died and was buried in the City of David, but not in the tombs of the kings.