- 王(왕)이 하만과 함께 또 王后(왕후) 에스더의 잔치에 나아가니라
- 王(왕)이 이 둘째 날 잔치에 술을 마실때에 다시 에스더에게 물어 가로되 ㅍ王后(왕후) 에스더여 그대의 所請(소청)이 무엇이뇨 곧 許諾(허락)하겠노라 그대의 要求(요구)가 무엇이뇨 ㅎ곧 나라의 折半(절반)이라 할지라도 施行(시행)하겠노라
- 王后(왕후) 에스더가 對答(대답)하여 가로되 ㅏ王(왕)이여 내가 萬一(만일) 王(왕)의 目前(목전)에서 恩惠(은혜)를 입었으며 王(왕)이 善(선)히 여기시거든 내 所請(소청)대로 내 生命(생명)을 내게 주시고 내 要求(요구)대로 내 民族(민족)을 내게 주소서
- ㅑ나와 내 民族(민족)이 팔려서 ㅓ죽임과 屠戮(도륙)함과 殄滅(진멸)함을 當(당)하게 되었나이다 萬一(만일) 우리가 奴婢(노비)로 팔렸더면 내가 潛潛(잠잠)하였으리이다 그래도 對敵(대적)이 王(왕)의 損害(손해)를 補充(보충)하지 못하였으리이다
- 아하수에로 王(왕)이 王后(왕후) 에스더에게 일러 가로되 敢(감)히 이런 일을 心中(심중)에 품은 者(자)가 누구며 그가 어디 있느뇨
ㅍ에5:6 에9:12 ㅎ에5:3
ㅑ에3:9 에4:7 ㅓ에3:13 에8:11
- So the king and Haman came to banquet with Esther the queen.
- And the king said again unto Esther on the second day at the banquet of wine, What is thy petition, queen Esther? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? and it shall be performed, even to the half of the kingdom.
- Then Esther the queen answered and said, If I have found favour in thy sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request:
- For we are sold, I and my people, to be destroyed, to be slain, and to perish. But if we had been sold for bondmen and bondwomen, I had held my tongue, although the enemy could not countervail the king's damage.
- Then the king Ahasuerus answered and said unto Esther the queen, Who is he, and where is he, that durst presume in his heart to do so?
- So the king and Haman went to dine with Queen Esther,
- and as they were drinking wine on that second day, the king again asked, "Queen Esther, what is your petition? It will be given you. What is your request? Even up to half the kingdom, it will be granted."
- Then Queen Esther answered, "If I have found favor with you, O king, and if it pleases your majesty, grant me my life--this is my petition. And spare my people--this is my request.
- For I and my people have been sold for destruction and slaughter and annihilation. If we had merely been sold as male and female slaves, I would have kept quiet, because no such distress would justify disturbing the king."
- King Xerxes asked Queen Esther, "Who is he? Where is the man who has dared to do such a thing?"