- 그 所聞(소문)이 니느웨 王(왕)에게 들리매 ㅛ王(왕)이 寶座(보좌)에서 일어나 朝服(조복)을 벗고 굵은 베를 입고 ㅜ재에 앉으니라
- 王(왕)이 그 大臣(대신)으로 더불어 ㅠ詔書(조서)를 내려 니느웨에 宣布(선포)하여 가로되 사람이나 으짐승이나 소떼나 羊(양)떼나 아무 것도 입에 대지 말지니 곧 먹지도 말 것이요 물도 마시지 말 것이며
- 사람이든지 짐승이든지 다 굵은 베를 입을 것이요 힘써 여호와께 부르짖을 것이며 이各其(각기) 惡(악)한 길과 ㅐ손으로 行(행)한 强暴(강포)에서 떠날 것이라
- 하나님이 或時(혹시) 뜻을 돌이키시고 ㄱ그 震怒(진노)를 그치사 우리로 滅亡(멸망)치 않게 하시리라 그렇지 않을 줄을 ㄴ누가 알겠느냐 한지라
- 하나님이 그들의 行(행)한 것 곧 ㄷ그 惡(악)한 길에서 돌이켜 떠난 것을 監察(감찰)하시고 뜻을 돌이키사 그들에게 내리리라 말씀하신 災殃(재앙)을 내리지 아니하시니라
ㅛ욥1:20 겔26:16 ㅜ욥2:8
ㅠ단6:26 으욘4:11 시36:6 욜1:18 욜1:20
이렘18:11 렘36:3 ㅐ사59:6
ㄱ시85:3 ㄴ삼하12:22 욜2:14
- For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
- And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water:
- But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.
- Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
- And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
- When the news reached the king of Nineveh, he rose from his throne, took off his royal robes, covered himself with sackcloth and sat down in the dust.
- Then he issued a proclamation in Nineveh: "By the decree of the king and his nobles: Do not let any man or beast, herd or flock, taste anything; do not let them eat or drink.
- But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth. Let everyone call urgently on God. Let them give up their evil ways and their violence.
- Who knows? God may yet relent and with compassion turn from his fierce anger so that we will not perish."
- When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he had compassion and did not bring upon them the destruction he had threatened.