- 저희가 모르드개의 民族(민족)을 하만에게 告(고)한 故(고)로 하만이 모르드개만 죽이는 것이 輕(경)하다 하고 아하수에로의 온 나라에 있는 유다人(인) 곧 모르드개의 民族(민족)을 다 滅(멸)하고자 하더라
- 아하수에로 王(왕) 十二年(십이년) 正月(정월) 곧 니산月(월)에 무리가 하만 앞에서 날과 달에 對(대)하여 ㄹ부르 곧 제비를 뽑아 十二月(십이월) 곧 ㅁ아달月(월)을 얻은지라
- 하만이 아하수에로 王(왕)에게 아뢰되 한 民族(민족)이 王(왕)의 나라 各(각) 道(도) 百姓(백성) 中(중)에 흩어져 居(거)하는데 ㅂ그 法律(법률)이 萬民(만민)보다 달라서 王(왕)의 法律(법률)을 지키지 아니하오니 容納(용납)하는 것이 王(왕)에게 無益(무익)하나이다
- 王(왕)이 옳게 여기시거든 詔書(조서)를 내려 저희를 殄滅(진멸)하소서 내가 銀(은) 一萬(일만) 달란트를 王(왕)의 일을 맡은 者(자)의 손에 붙여 王(왕)의 府庫(부고)에 드리리이다
- ㅅ王(왕)이 斑指(반지)를 손에서 빼어 ㅇ유다人(인)의 對敵(대적) 곧 ㅈ아각 사람 함므다다의 아들 하만에게 주며
ㄹ에9:24 에9:26 ㅁ스6:15
ㅅ에8:2 창41:42 ㅇ에7:6 에8:1 에9:10 에9:24 ㅈ에3:1
- And he thought scorn to lay hands on Mordecai alone; for they had shewed him the people of Mordecai: wherefore Haman sought to destroy all the Jews that were throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus, even the people of Mordecai.
- In the first month, that is, the month Nisan, in the twelfth year of king Ahasuerus, they cast Pur, that is, the lot, before Haman from day to day, and from month to month, to the twelfth month, that is, the month Adar.
- And Haman said unto king Ahasuerus, There is a certain people scattered abroad and dispersed among the people in all the provinces of thy kingdom; and their laws are diverse from all people; neither keep they the king's laws: therefore it is not for the king's profit to suffer them.
- If it please the king, let it be written that they may be destroyed: and I will pay ten thousand talents of silver to the hands of those that have the charge of the business, to bring it into the king's treasuries.
- And the king took his ring from his hand, and gave it unto Haman the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, the Jews' enemy.
- Yet having learned who Mordecai's people were, he scorned the idea of killing only Mordecai. Instead Haman looked for a way to destroy all Mordecai's people, the Jews, throughout the whole kingdom of Xerxes.
- In the twelfth year of King Xerxes, in the first month, the month of Nisan, they cast the pur (that is, the lot) in the presence of Haman to select a day and month. And the lot fell on the twelfth month, the month of Adar.
- Then Haman said to King Xerxes, "There is a certain people dispersed and scattered among the peoples in all the provinces of your kingdom whose customs are different from those of all other people and who do not obey the king's laws; it is not in the king's best interest to tolerate them.
- If it pleases the king, let a decree be issued to destroy them, and I will put ten thousand talents of silver into the royal treasury for the men who carry out this business."
- So the king took his signet ring from his finger and gave it to Haman son of Hammedatha, the Agagite, the enemy of the Jews.