- 이스라엘이 애굽에서 올라올 때에 曠野(광야)로 行(행)하여 ㅌ紅海(홍해)에 이르고 ㅍ가데스에 이르러서는
- 이스라엘이 ㅎ使者(사자)를 에돔 王(왕)에게 보내어 이르기를 請(청)컨대 나를 容納(용납)하여 네 땅 가운데로 지나게 하라 하였으나 ㅏ에돔 王(왕)이 이를 듣지 아니하였고 또 그같이 사람을 모압 王(왕)에게 보내었으나 그도 許諾(허락)지 아니함으로 이스라엘이 ㅑ가데스에 留(유)하였더니
- 그 後(후)에 曠野(광야)를 지나 ㅓ에돔 땅과 모압 땅을 둘러 行(행)하여 ㅕ모압 땅 東便(동편)에서부터 와서 ㅗ아르논 저편에 진 쳤고 아르논은 모압 境界(경계)이므로 그 境內(경내)에는 들어가지 아니하였으며
- ㅛ이스라엘이 헤스본 王(왕) 곧 아모리 王(왕) 시혼에게 使者(사자)를 보내어 그에게 이르되 請(청)컨대 우리를 容納(용납)하여 當身(당신)의 땅으로 지나 우리 곳에 이르게 하라 하였으나
- 시혼이 이스라엘을 믿지 아니하여 그 地境(지경)으로 지나지 못하게 할뿐 아니라 그 모든 百姓(백성)을 모아 야하스에 陣(진) 치고 이스라엘을 치므로
ㅌ민14:25 신1:40 ㅍ민13:26
ㅎ민20:14 ㅏ민20:18~21 ㅑ민20:1 신1:46
ㅓ민21:4 신2:1~8 ㅕ민21:11 ㅗ민21:13 민22:36
ㅛ삿11:19~22 민21:21~26 신2:26~37
- But when Israel came up from Egypt, and walked through the wilderness unto the Red sea, and came to Kadesh;
- Then Israel sent messengers unto the king of Edom, saying, Let me, I pray thee, pass through thy land: but the king of Edom would not hearken thereto. And in like manner they sent unto the king of Moab: but he would not consent: and Israel abode in Kadesh.
- Then they went along through the wilderness, and compassed the land of Edom, and the land of Moab, and came by the east side of the land of Moab, and pitched on the other side of Arnon, but came not within the border of Moab: for Arnon was the border of Moab.
- And Israel sent messengers unto Sihon king of the Amorites, the king of Heshbon; and Israel said unto him, Let us pass, we pray thee, through thy land into my place.
- But Sihon trusted not Israel to pass through his coast: but Sihon gathered all his people together, and pitched in Jahaz, and fought against Israel.
- But when they came up out of Egypt, Israel went through the desert to the Red Sea and on to Kadesh.
- Then Israel sent messengers to the king of Edom, saying, 'Give us permission to go through your country,' but the king of Edom would not listen. They sent also to the king of Moab, and he refused. So Israel stayed at Kadesh.
- "Next they traveled through the desert, skirted the lands of Edom and Moab, passed along the eastern side of the country of Moab, and camped on the other side of the Arnon. They did not enter the territory of Moab, for the Arnon was its border.
- "Then Israel sent messengers to Sihon king of the Amorites, who ruled in Heshbon, and said to him, 'Let us pass through your country to our own place.'
- Sihon, however, did not trust Israel to pass through his territory. He mustered all his men and encamped at Jahaz and fought with Israel.