- 그 殺人者(살인자)가 會衆(회중)의 앞에 서서 裁判(재판)을 받기까지나 當時(당시) 大祭司長(대제사장)의 죽기까지 ㅍ그 城邑(성읍)에 居(거)하다가 그 後(후)에 그 殺人者(살인자)가 본 城邑(성읍) 곧 自己(자기)가 逃亡(도망)하여 나온 그 城邑(성읍)의 自己(자기) 집으로 돌아갈지니라
- 무리가 납달리의 山地(산지) 갈릴리 ㅎ게데스와, 에브라임 山地(산지)의 ㅏ세겜과, 유다 ㅑ山地(산지)의 ㅓ기럇 아르바 곧 헤브론을 區別(구별)하였고
- 또 여리고 東(동) 요단 저便(편) 르우벤 支派(지파) 中(중)에서 平地(평지) 曠野(광야)의 ㅕ베셀과 갓 支派(지파) 中(중)에서 ㅗ길르앗라못과 므낫세 支派(지파) 中(중)에서 ㅛ바산 골란을 擇(택)하였으니
- 이는 곧 이스라엘 모든 子孫(자손)과 ㅜ그들 中(중)에 寓居(우거)하는 客(객)을 爲(위)하여 選定(선정)한 城邑(성읍)들로서 누구든지 不知中(부지중) 殺人(살인)한 者(자)로 그리로 逃亡(도망)하여 피의 報酬者(보수자)의 손에 죽지 않게 하기 爲(위)함이며 그는 會衆(회중) 앞에 설때까지 거기 있을 것이니라
ㅎ수21:32 대상6:76 ㅏ수21:21 ㅑ수21:11 눅1:39 ㅓ수21:11 수21:13 수14:13~15
ㅕ수21:36 대상6:78 ㅗ수21:38 왕상22:3 ㅛ수21:27 대상6:71
- And he shall dwell in that city, until he stand before the congregation for judgment, and until the death of the high priest that shall be in those days: then shall the slayer return, and come unto his own city, and unto his own house, unto the city from whence he fled.
- And they appointed Kedesh in Galilee in mount Naphtali, and Shechem in mount Ephraim, and Kirjatharba, which is Hebron, in the mountain of Judah.
- And on the other side Jordan by Jericho eastward, they assigned Bezer in the wilderness upon the plain out of the tribe of Reuben, and Ramoth in Gilead out of the tribe of Gad, and Golan in Bashan out of the tribe of Manasseh.
- These were the cities appointed for all the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them, that whosoever killeth any person at unawares might flee thither, and not die by the hand of the avenger of blood, until he stood before the congregation.
- He is to stay in that city until he has stood trial before the assembly and until the death of the high priest who is serving at that time. Then he may go back to his own home in the town from which he fled."
- So they set apart Kedesh in Galilee in the hill country of Naphtali, Shechem in the hill country of Ephraim, and Kiriath Arba (that is, Hebron) in the hill country of Judah.
- On the east side of the Jordan of Jericho they designated Bezer in the desert on the plateau in the tribe of Reuben, Ramoth in Gilead in the tribe of Gad, and Golan in Bashan in the tribe of Manasseh.
- Any of the Israelites or any alien living among them who killed someone accidentally could flee to these designated cities and not be killed by the avenger of blood prior to standing trial before the assembly.